WHO ARE WE?
Brandon & Jodi Spunar
Brandon is the Founder of Our Common Ground. He is currently involved with the Connect Project in Kitchener/Waterloo and Cambridge where we use OCG's community cards to mobilize this community. He has worked
in various capacities in the social sector, including international aid, and 5 years as a support worker in Kitchener's shelter system. Jodi is the creative mind behind OCG design and is responsible for financial records along with many other elements of the
Tim Van Meer
Tim is a fourth year Bachelor of Business Administration student specializing in marketing at Wilfrid Laurier University. He is passionate about startups and community development and
has been involved with various campus initiatives, within the Kitchener/Waterloo area, and internationally. He is responsible for helping with the OCG vision, business strategy, and marketing initiatives.
Christine is the owner of Define and Shift, a consulting group focusing on individual and organizational change while also being a supervisor
for a local not for profit. She is a change leader in Kitchener- Waterloo and helps with our OCG vision and ensures the needs of communities are continually heard.
We believe when people can see where their passions and interests can be used to change their neighborhoods, incredible things happen. Our hope is that never again will a single community member not know what
opportunities, big or small, exist in their community.
The OCG online tool will:
- Help anyone identify their passions, dreams, skills, strengths, etc
- See others with similar passions, interests, dreams
- Find others, organizations, businesses, etc that have opportunities related
- Provide the tools to help people or groups organize, network and move to action in connecting with their communities
- Offer an advertising platform that highlights only businesses and organizations that want to use advertising dollars to both do good and be seen by their immediate community.
- Quickly find recreational activities and other special interest events in their community based on interest.
- Will utilize effective match making software on an easy to use platform.